Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss Evelyn

Well baby girl X, now know as Evelyn has made her arrival via C-Section on April 15th, 2009. Everything went great, it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

The scary…… The initial walk into the OR room by myself (Chris wasn’t allowed to come till after the spinal block.) It was freezing cold, completely lacking in any sort of thing to make one feel comfortable. The nurses were counting cotton swabs, and other tools. It took forever for the anesthesiologist to get there so I just had to sit on the bed and wait with my nerves. The CRNA was great. She was so nice asking me questions and telling me stories to keep me calm. I’m sure my nerves were evident by my monitored vitals. After the spinal block everything went very quickly. A very weird sensations to hear them announce the first incision, but not be able to feel anything.

The annoying…… The pain meds made me nauseous and itchy so they gave me something to stop that, but that wiped me out. I was pretty out of it for the rest of the day. I hate that feeling! I just couldn’t concentrate at all. The most annoying was these leg compression things. They were these leg wraps that would fill up with air and compress your legs from the knee down that went off every minute. I had to wear them for 24 hours! By the next day I wanted to rip them off.

The pain wasn’t too bad. I was expecting a lot worse. I really didn’t need much more than Motrin. I was very happy to be able to leave two days later. I am not a fan of post partum, my nurses were super nice but they harass the crap out of you. It seems like a million people are always coming in for something. Plus I always feel like a prisoner. I know I could go walk the floor but that is just awkward, so I never leave the room.

Home, the kids have been good. They have been very excited about Evelyn but crazy rambunctious! Jack has been whinier. Chris has been a super dad and husband. My water bottle is always full, the kids dressed and fed. He really has been great. I don’t know how I am going to do it once he is back at work!

Haha well this was intended to be short. J We are doing well. Not quite sure how much computer time I will have in the future.

Shari, Jessica, and Evelyn
Jack and Grammy
Jessica finding her Easter basket
looks like a yawn but really mid cry
Jack finding Easter eggs
Jack copies his dad. He loves cereal. He even has the hold the spoon with the thumb technique down!

8 comments:

Tom & Michelle said...

Oh Nancy your my hero!!! Your the super mom!!! 3 kids and your doing so good. I know that the lord will bless you with all the strength that you need to balance all the kids when Chris goes back to work. Remember that I am ALWAYS here for you. I dont have that many hours so when you need a break Ill take Jack and Jess. Im so glad that the c-section went well I was prayng for you! Anyway I love you and Love those darling kids of yours.

EVANS in the "D" said...

Michelle you are too sweet. You're great! Tom choose well.

B&U+2 said...

Glad to hear that all went well and that your experience wasn't a bad one. I had totally forgotten about those leg inflation things but I must have been on the same pain medication because it made me itch too! The worst part was that my legs itched under those stupid leg things. I also was definitely not a fan of the freezing cold OR, I could not stop my teeth from chattering so they finally brought me a warm blanket to cover up as much as I could (which thanks to that darn tarp wasn't very much).

Anyway, glad you're doing great and are settling in well. Let me know if you need anything!

Skeeutopia said...

I'm so glad that you are back home and recovering well. I can't imagine such a shift in delivery outcomes, so good for you for being so tough and taking it all in stride! You are amazing. I hope that you have everything you need to recover with sanity and swiftness. If there is ever anything lacking, please call me - I know that at least we can suffer through the first painful weeks of emotional and physical changes together!

Sugar Spice Puppy Tales said...

Congratulations Nancy, Evelyn is a cutie, I can't wait to see her. It sounds like you're making a good recovery and Chris, what a guy, even making it to playgroup! What a cute family, see you this afternoon!

Stephanie Ewell said...

AWWW!! Welcome to the world little Evelyn:) Nance- you look beautiful- congratulations on baby # 3 to you guys:)I also loved the cereal pic of Jack- the thumb technipur...very impressed! hahaha- wish we were in Michigan to be having these kiddies closer together so they could play and moms could too:) Anyway- Everly is beautiful- congrats!

Stephanie Ewell said...

technipur???
meant to say technique:) haha

SewPriddy said...

I need to see more pictures!!! She's probably doubled in size already!