Sunday, April 5, 2009

Full of hope

I'm gonna get spiritual on ya.....

I really love conference weekend. Sometimes at the beginning it feels like a sacrifice to give up your Saturday but it is so worth it. I get way more than I give up. I do have to admit that my lap top follows me around the house so I did do some multi tasking (cleaning closets and doing ironing.)

I am thankful for the uplifting talks that put me back on track. The messages remind me to take the emphasis off me…. what I need and what would make my life better…… to look about, and see what I can do for others. President Monson’s talk at the end of Sunday morning’s session really made me realize I don’t have it bad and that I am extremely blessed. That heavenly father has a plan for each of us. He knows what he is doing and I don’t. Good weekend, even if my kids were little terrors.

3 comments:

Jennifer Parcell said...

Isn't refreshing to hear this stuff! I too multi task as I watched every session or should I say that I blared the volume as I moved around cleaning and other various jobs! I too felt edified and extrememly blessed for what I do have in my life. I was weary about all the talks on losing children and loved ones! That freaks me out! Anyway I am just paranoid! hehehe hope the hope remains and your faith expands beyond its bounds. Love you!

Tom & Michelle said...

Not sure why but both your post and Jens comment made me cry! lol I am to full of hope and joy from this conference.

Charity said...

you and your ironing... :) Glad you enjoyed conference and isn't great to listen to it at home and be able to multi-task listening to it over and over?

And Michelle, does that weepiness merit any announcements? j/k