Monday, January 25, 2010

sucky suckness

You know what really sucks? Jingle mail! Well at first I thought the term is kind of funny. Just think, the joy of putting the keys to my house in an envelope, licking it shut, and having a good chuckle thinking of the bank having to deal with my home that has depreciated over 70 grand in six years.

Here's what sucks. We needed a house and so we bought one but as it turns out six years ago was a really crappy time to purchase a house.

So now people like me and Chris, and lots of other people out there have been screwed by the subprime homebuyer and the house and commodity speculators. The Wall Street Jerks who made it all so easy kept what they stole, and then got bailed out!

So now people who can make their payment but choose not to send their "jingle mail" back to the lending companies, because it makes financial sense.

Well guess what people we bought our houses and we agreed to pay for them, so if we are financially able to pay for them we should!! But nonetheless it SUCKS.

You really SUCK! read this article to see why......


5 comments:

The Man Behind the curtain said...

Amen! burn in hell Edmund Andrews!

Melissa J. said...

I'm fuming! Perfect way to describe the situation, Nancy - "sucky suckness"...What a jerk...

SewPriddy said...

Interesting (and enraging) article. You signed the loan so you are responsible and you should have know you couldn't afford that big house. I mean, is it that hard to draw up a basic budget? Money coming in has to be greater than money going out, right? But I'm still irritated by the greedy loan officers who will get stupid people into houses they obviously can't afford. I can't believe these big corporate bonuses are still being paid out when people are still losing their houses left and right!!!

Jennifer Parcell said...

Sorry Nancy! I know you guys need a bigger house! I agree that if you can, you need to pay your loan. Nick and I do but we also wanted to sell to build bigger, but due to the market, we are stuck and I refused to give my house away! We have worked too hard on it for that! So we will continue paying it off!ALthough there are some people who have had terrible losses and for legit reasons could not pay on their houses. This is sad! But I cannot nor can the government help all of them. THe problem is that there are people taking advantage of this time and just stop paying and buy new cars and tvs and go n vacation and yet they don't lose their house! Not cool with that!

Jennifer Parcell said...

Ok so I just read that pathethic article! ALl I can say is that they had no business buying that house in the first place! Eight months and I am still here! Great glad life is so good for you while I am busting my butt to go back to school so I can make some money so that I can finish my basement so that my family fits! Since I can't sell(give away) my house in this market! Pisses me off that the rest of us work so hard and understand that we have to pay our bills and be responsible to not get in over our heads! We have tons of medical bills but we still pay our bills and work hard to make a future for ourselves! Disgusting!