Sunday, January 11, 2009

Well I have a few minutes to myself so I thought I would make a long over due update. Basically we are just living life. I can’t believe that in 12 or 13 weeks we will have another little one. I always get the itch to organize about this time. I have begun a mental list of closets that need makeovers, and a basement that needs a visit from Purple Heart. I’m trying to figure out how to make room for the new little one, since selling our home in this economic climate is out of the question.
*Have you ever tried to take a nice picture of your kids and got this? Hehe.*
The kids are great. They had a great Christmas, spoiled by grandparents, aunts and uncles with gifts, love, and attention. We really appreciate what everyone did for them. Jessica’s favorites being her camera/art table that hooks into the TV, and her handwriting practice books. Jackson loves all his toys, and loves to spread them around the house (Jessica is pretty guilty too.) I feel like I pick them up all day. His favorites are his big block dump truck, batman blow up punching thing, and his Einstein books. Mom and dad’s (me and Chris) favorite gift was the one they got for themselves. The new wall mounted flat screen with entertainment center bookcases. Chris also convinced me that a Play Station 3 was a better way to go than a blue ray DVD player. I am very happy to have to old space hogging entertainment center gone.
Chris was so so happy to go to New Orleans to see the Sugar Bowl. Even happier to see Utah victorious, and become the only team to be undefeated for the 2009 football season. I am very glad it was worth it, and once again can I point out that I am an awesome wife!

I am so happy to feel good again. I didn’t get sick with Jack and Jessica, but this little girl created a rough five months. I feel like I got cheated out of my second trimester. The one you are suppose to feel good because you aren’t sick anymore. I’m trying to convince Chris that we should go to Florida (sans kids) for a long weekend before we have the baby or at least a spa weekend. Chris if you are reading this nudge, nudge, KICK.

Jessica started ballet through parks and rec. I can’t see spending lots of money on classes, and recitals until she decides it is something she wants to do. She does love it. She thinks her ballet slippers are the greatest thing on earth right now. She will school you in memory. Jessica continues to love preschool, and loves to tell me who got in trouble at school. Turns out some kid named DJ acts up quite a bit.

Jackson is going through the cutest stage ever. He is so cute when he decides to turn on the charm. I took the pacifier away last week. Jack only used the pacifier for nap time and bed time. He would wake up in the middle of the night 4-5 times wanting us to get his pacifier. It was really annoying plus I wanted to kick the habit before the new baby comes. Chris was in Chicago last week, and I really wanted to surprise him when he got home. I ended up having to tell him because I needed support 45 minutes into crying the first night. We used the Ferber method, and it completely worked for us. You go in at different intervals of time to give verbal encouragement. The first night Jack cried for an hour. Mid cry he fell asleep. He woke up once that night for about 20 minutes of crying and fell back asleep. Since then it has been no cry bed times, very restful nights. The poor kid also has had a nasty cough since October. They recently decided that he has asthma so he is now on a couple different breathing treatments and a granular medicine I can mix into his food. I hope this will help out.

Wow I think that is it for our family….. And….. I wonder if anyone has gotten this far into my book! We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We certainly did. We look forward to a New Year, and great adventure. I hope I can live up to the task I have at hand.

3 comments:

Tom & Michelle said...

Nancy I really love your family!!!! Im soooooooooooooooooooo glad that you live here, pretty much it saves me to have you here as my sister.

PS. I am so glad that Jack is doing so good without the pacifier. And that he slept through the night!!!

Jennifer Parcell said...

I am so sad that we live so far apart! It just sucks! I am glad that the pacifier ordeal is over, that is never fun! Thanks for updating! I missed your whit!

Charity said...

I read it. :) So how old is Jack? When was he born? That's rough that he was waking up that much still! I'm glad you got that taken care of.